Posts Tagged With: little yellow duck project

Finished Objects: A Whole Load of Yellow

Hi evvybody! I came back from a two-weeks-and-a-bit holiday in Hungary. Not so very much crocheting happened while I was there, and about half of it was for a secret swap, so I can’t show you those. But here’s what I can show:

First up, a couple of little yellow ducks I made to leave in Hungary for the Little Yellow Duck Project. (See my post, Finished Objects: Little Yellow Ducks and More, for more info on that.)

First up, we have Boglarka. On the side of the tag that’s visible in the photo is a Hungarian label translated by a friend of my sister’s. The other side has a German label, due to the large amount of German tourists that visit the village where we stayed. This duckie made it onto the map, adding Hungary to the list of countries where ducks have been found! 😀

Boglarka

Then we have Maudie, a duck I made by combining a bunch of duck patterns I’ve used in the past and adding a hat.

Maudie

Then we have a reindeer I finished while on holiday. I named him Lemony Snicket, partly because of his colour, and mostly because I thought it was funny.

full view

So that’s all I can show you just now. When the swap package arrives, I can hopefully show you some photos of the stuff I made for it.

Categories: Finished Objects | Tags: , , , , , , , | Leave a comment

Finished Objects: Little Yellow Ducks and more

Well, last was super productive, with no less than seven finished objects!

The first thing I made was a pink and orange peacock for my sister. I still don’t have safety eyes, but we can pick them up on Thursday! 😀 so this peacock has it’s eyes closed.

Image

Then I made Pusheen the Cat for a CAL and a class on ravelry. My sister immediately claimed it for herself.

Image

Then I joined the Little Yellow Duck Project, in which we place little ducks in random places for people to pick up. The project also has the added goal of supporting blood and organ transplants. You can find out more at http://thelittleyellowduckproject.org/

But anyway, this week I managed to make four ducks and place them. First I made Oswald:

 

Image

Then came Mildred and Florence,

Image

And then we have Bobson. He actually ended up on the map which shows all the reported ducks.

Image

After making all those ducks (more to come!) I decided to make an Anna doll to go with my Elsa. I found a pattern that, when crocheted with a 4:00mm hook using DK yarn, ended up almost exactly the right size, though I had to add a few rows to the legs, cape and skirt to get her the right size.

Image

Image

So, that’s it for last week. Bye! 😀

Categories: Finished Objects | Tags: , , , , , , , , , | 1 Comment

Create a free website or blog at WordPress.com.